Current and Future
- Originally there was an intention to hold a Metabolic Pathways Analysis meeting this year, but consideration has also been given to holding the planned Stellenbosch 2020 meeting a year late. No decisions are likely to be taken until it becomes clearer whether travel will be safe and feasible.
Metabolic Modelling Workshop 5: Introduction to Structural Metabolic Modelling
- No date or location has yet been set for this, but it is included in the work programme of the new BBSRC NIBB, CCnet, the successor of C1net.
International Study Group for Systems Biology 2020
The original plan to hold this meeting in Stellenbosch was postponed on account of Covid-19. Instead a hybrid meeting was held online on the 10-12 September 2020 in parallel with a small physical meeting in Innsbruck. Some further details are given on the current ISGSB web site but the meeting content has not currently been released.
Metabolic Pathway Analysis 2019
- This was held in Riga, Latvia, 12-16 August. The meeting website seems to have evaporated.
International Study Group for Systems Biology, 2018
The 18th ISGSB meeting was in Tromsø/Norway, 24-28 September 2018. The meeting will be preceded by the Young ISGSB meeting, providing an introductory workshop for PhD students. The meeting web site is at https://site.uit.no/isgsb2018/
Workshop: Metabolic Modelling and its Applications
- Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal. 28 June - 3 July 2018.
Portugal PhD Programme Systems Biology Module
Oreias, 5-9 February 2018. David Fell's materials are available here.
C1Net Metabolic Modelling Workshop 4: Introduction to Structural Metabolic Modelling
- 15 - 19th January 2018 at the Park Inn, Nottingham, NG5 2BT.
This was organised by the C1Net network for the BBSRC-sponsored Networks in Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy. It covered the same ground as workshops 1 and 3 (see below). Instructions and course materials are here on this site.
Metabolic Pathways Analysis 2017
C1Net Metabolic Modelling Workshop 3: Introduction to Structural Metabolic Modelling
- 23rd - 27th January 2017 at St James' Hotel, Nottingham.
International Study Group for Systems Biology, 2016
Workshop: Metabolic Modelling and its Applications
- Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal. 27-30 June 2016.
Metabolic Modelling Workshop, Pune, 2016.
This was a closed workshop, but materials are publicly available here.
C1Net Metabolic Modelling Workshop 2: Introduction to Kinetic Modelling
- 28th September - 2nd October 2015, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford
Metabolic Pathway Analysis, 2015
- Braga, Portugal, 8-12 June 2015.
The site of the meeting was the Bom Jesus National Park on a hill above Braga.
The meeting was sponsored by the Biochemical Society (UK) and the Portuguese Biochemical Society. Information was on the Biochemical Society's web site.
C1Net Metabolic Modelling Workshop
- 15-19th December 2014, St Anne's College, Oxford
The last meeting of the International study group for Systems Biology was in Durham, 2-5 September 2014; details and links are available
AccliPhot Workshop 2
- June 2014, Duesseldorf
Advanced Lecture Course in Systems Biology 2014: Maths precourse
The Advanced Lecture Course in Systems Biology 2014 is being held in Innsbruck, Austria, from 2 to 8 March. On 2nd March, there is a pre-course covering some of the basic mathematical concepts underlying modelling in Systems Biology: Mathematical Biochemistry in a Nutshell. Materials for the course are available here.
Delhi Workshop 2013
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, 7-10 October
A workshop generously funded by the BBSRC as part of their India Partnering Awards scheme. Whereas the workshop in 2012 concentrated on structural modelling of metabolism for biotechnological applications (e.g. elementary modes and flux balance analysis), this workshop will cover kinetic modelling of metabolism along with Metabolic Control Analysis, again with an emphasis on conclusions relevant for biotechnology and metabolic engineering. Details here (Attendance by invitation only.)
Metabolic Pathway Analysis 16-20 September 2013, Oxford
AccliPhot Workshop 1, September 2013, Oxford
MoSyB 2013: Modeling in systems biology and synthetic biology, Jelgava, 9-22 June 2013
This was an Erasmus Intensive Programme. The main meeting pages were here.
The course materials for the practical exercises on 10-11 June are on this site.
Kolkata Meeting 2013
Delhi Workshop 2012
Metabolic Pathway Analysis 3
A Biochemical Society Harden Conference (No. 71).
19-23 September 2011; Chester, UK.
14th [http://sysbio.brookes.ac.uk ISGSB] Workshop
Vladimir (near Moscow), Russia, 6-10 September 2010.
Details are here
(For historical reasons, you might be searching for BioThermoKinetics or BTK 2010; well, this is it.)
Systems Biochemistry -- Biochemical Society, UK
York, 22-24th March 2010.
Three linked, focused meetings:
- Systems analysis of metabolism
- Signalling and control from a systems perspective
- Systems approaches to health and disease
If you missed it, details are still available here.
International Conference on Plant Systems Biology
University of Calcutta, 8 December 2009